If you’ve ever been the victim of a break-in, you know just how much damage criminals can do to your property – and to your peace of mind. That’s why it’s so important to take whatever steps you can to protect your home, and one of the best ways to do that is by installing a Crimsafe security screen door.
Perhaps you already looked at security doors and windows, and thought that you won’t need them and that they were just something else to add to the budget.
Crimsafe doors are made from incredibly strong woven stainless steel mesh, which is almost impossible to cut through. That means that even if a burglar tries to force their way into your home, they’re not going to be able to get past your Crimsafe door.
Not only does this provide an extra layer of security for your home, but it also deters burglars from even attempting a break-in in the first place. After all, why would they try to break into a home that they know has a Crimsafe door when there are plenty of other homes out there that don’t have this type of security?
In addition to deterring burglars, Crimsafe doors can also help to protect your family from other dangers, like stray animals or insects that could potentially enter your home. And because the doors are made from stainless steel mesh, they’re also incredibly durable and low maintenance – meaning you won’t have to worry about them rusting or deteriorating over time.
How Does Crimsafe’s Screw Clamp Technology Work?
One of the best things about Crimsafe is the exclusive Screw-Clamp technology they utilise. In most other security screens, the mesh is held in place using a plastic wedge or glue. On the other hand, the Screw-Clamp technology used in Crimsafe essentially bites down on the mesh, like a vice, securing it in place. This is then secured by tamper-resistant stainless-steel screws. This grip combines to give the strength that Crimsafe is known for, as well as the ability to withstand, absorb and disperse the force from an impact, like kicking or punching.
The Screw-Clamp technology essentially transfers the force of any impact around the frame rather than allowing it to centre in one area. This allows the screens to withstand quite a large amount of impact.
Keeping Safe at Home
Of course we all want to feel safe at home, and if you have experienced a break-in, it can be a difficult time. Apart from installing Crimsafe, here are some other ways that you can feel safe in your home.
- Keep your curtains and blinds closed where possible so that people cannot see that you live alone, or whether you are even home. You may want to consider installing tinting on your windows, along with Crimsafe, that allows you to keep your blinds and curtains open, but stops people from seeing in.
- Live alone? Don’t put your name on your letterbox, particularly if you are a female or are elderly. It doesn’t take a lot for people to learn your routine, and you don’t want them to call out to you or become friendly with you just by learning your name.
- Never hide your spare house keys in an obvious spot. Give a set to a friend or a trusted neighbour, or consider installing keyless entry into your home.
- Utilise AI technology and have smart lights installed in your home. You can turn these on from your phone on the way home from work, so it looks like someone is home. You could also do the same with a smart device which turns a radio or your TV on.
- Don’t give anyone the chance to sneak inside your home. Always lock your doors even if you are just checking the mail, taking out the garbage or in another part of the house with your children.
- Plan your escape. We can never be 100% sure that someone won’t sneak into your home so have an emergency exit plan that everyone is aware of. Having a Safe-S-Cape window installed in your home, as part of your emergency exit procedure is smart.
If you’re looking for an effective way to secure your home and keep your family safe, never underestimate the power of a Crimsafe screen door. Contact the friendly team at Securelux to organise an on-site consultation and quote, and protect your family and your home.