Do you live a busy life? Of course you do-this is the 21st Century. When thinking about a quote we have the end result in mind but getting there can be confusing and leave us unsure of what to get and where to get it from. In this article I have put together a number of points that will save you time and more importantly provide you with the right information for securing your home for you and your family.
- Establish why you are getting a quote: The motivation is almost always to prevent a break-in from occurring. In some cases a break-in has already occurred and if this is your position I recommend reading this article as it will save you time and help make the best decision. Other reasons for security include, being able to leave your windows open all day and save on air conditioning costs or aesthetically you are looking to upgrade the appeal of your home and get rid of the older diamond style screens. The great news is the Crimsafe product range can be a benefit in all 3 categories but the decision is a little more complicated than that and will be discussed in the points below.
- Establish the number of quotes you are getting: Everyone has a different approach to obtaining quotes but if you are obtaining multiple quotes it is important to take into account the following points to ensure you are getting what you think:
- What Product is each Company Quoting? It is amazing how many customers are led to believe that they are getting quotes on Crimsafe when really it is one of the substitute products on the market. If you are obtaining quotes for Crimsafe ask the sales person to see a sample of the product. The easiest way to identify the Crimsafe Regular range is by its screw clamping method. Crimsafe Ultimate uses the Screw Clamping method but with a cover clip to hide the screws. A Crimsafe Consultant should be able to explain this to you and have brochures/samples with them to aid their presentation.
- What Accessories are each Company using? Another amazing misconception is that all Crimsafe licensees are the same. This can mislead customers into believing they are comparing ‘Like for Like’ quotes which is not the case. Ask about the locks, strikers, rollers and interlocks. Get the consultant to write down their promises on your quote to ensure you can evaluate your quotes when making a final decision. If they are vague or unsure about their product consider their credibility and whether you can afford to take the risk of poorly installed security. For Example: Two companies may quote your doors but use different locks. It is worth investigating the differences in the locks to make sure they offer the same level of security and meet your needs.
- Find out about the Installation? Your security is only as good as the installation! Ask each consultant about the installation component for your order. Ask about how the screens will be installed and evaluate the information to help with your decision. Consider the Pros and Cons of Employed vs Contract Installers. You are better off negotiating with the company that you feel will offer you the best installation.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions: Obtaining quotes can be a daunting and stressful process and can overwhelm customers to the point of delaying a decision. A consultant should never pressure a decision from a customer so if you are being forced into a decision, it’s best to avoid them. A consultant should be there to answer questions and to sell the benefits of their offer to you as the customer. Where clarification is required, contacting a consultant is encouraged and they should be able to assist you without that pressure feeling we all hate.
Just remember when getting your quotes these 3 important components:
- Value for Money
No two companies offer the exact same product and service so don’t be afraid to look a little more deeply into your quote and avoid missing out on getting the best overall experience.