When to Upgrade Your Home Security in Brisbane
When it comes to keeping your home or business safe, there are many modern security advancements available. Able to offer you the utmost peace of mind, many of these options even allow you to keep an eye on things from the other side of the world.
However, many property owners are not taking advantage of these improved offerings and are relying on outdated technology.
If you have an existing home security system and are wondering if it’s time to upgrade, this guide will walk you through why it is worthwhile and what to look for.
Signs You Need to Upgrade Your Home Security
If security is a priority for you, ensuring your system is as effective as possible is crucial. To ensure this is the case, it is wise to review your system and look out for:
- Outdated technology such as cameras with poor definition or set-ups that do not allow for wireless system access control or real-time monitoring updates via text email or push notifications.
- An increase in false alarms. This may indicate broken components or malfunctioning technology that is affecting the functionality of the system.
- Old door locks or insufficient protection at key entry points such as those with no security screens or broken latches.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Home Security
Upgrading your home security in line with the best available technology not only means you’re well prepared in case of an emergency, but it also offers a host of benefits such as:
- Being able to remotely monitor the safety of your home, pets or kids no matter where you are.
- A reduction in your insurance premiums in recognition of your efforts to deter intruders.
- A more streamlined and user-friendly system with better features and functionality including the option to use your existing smart device as a control panel.
- An increase in the value of your property.
- Actively deterring criminals who recognise that modern tech is much harder to overcome.
- Unmatched peace of mind knowing your home is safe and secure.
What to Consider When Upgrading Your Home Security
While upgrading your alarm system and cameras is always advisable, these are not the only aspects to consider when seeking to firm up your overall security.
It is recommended that in addition to these, you also add a physical barrier at all points of entry. This is best done through Crimsafe security screens.
Unable to be pushed, pulled, cut or torn out of place, these screens work well independently as a security measure as well as alongside CCTV.
Where cameras and alarms can catch a burglar in the act and alert you to their presence, security screens stop them from ever gaining access in the first place.
How to Choose a Home Security Company
If you’re in the process of upgrading your home security and unsure where to begin, contacting the team at Securelux is the ideal starting point.
Offering obligation-free quotes, you can quickly and easily upgrade your home security to include quality security screens from Crimsafe. Custom-made and manufactured by us, we also handle all installations directly without third-party contractors involved.
This ensures the best possible outcomes for your home with zero compromises on security. Our industry connections allow us to also direct you to trusted experts in other areas of home security such as alarms and cameras.
To experience the Securelux difference and effectively upgrade your home security sooner, contact us today at 1300 11 51 51.